The data controller of your personal information is RuXty.
Information We Collect
RuXty may collect information about you as follows:
- By registering an account, we may collect information provided at the time of registration (name, address, telephone number, and email address).
- By linking our services to a third-party account, we may collect information from that account such as any authentication tokens involved in authorization.
- If you contact us, we may collect data regarding your correspondence.
- We may collect details of your transactions involved in the fulfillment of orders. RuXty does not store your financial information on our systems. Your financial information is stored with our third-party payment processors. However, have access to, and may retain, your information through our third-party payment processors.
- When you visit our website we may capture your IP address, time of and duration of visit, and time and duration of the pages on our website that you view. We may tie this information to personally identifiable information we have about you.
- When using our services, we may collection information about your utilization, such as processor, memory, storage, and network usage.
How we use your personal information?
Information we collect on ruxtyofficial.com may be used to enhance your shopping experience in the following ways:
- Deliver merchandise and services that you purchase online
- Register you as a member of RuXty
- Prevent fraud and bill you for your purchases
- Confirm your orders
- Respond to your customer-service inquiries or requests
- Communicate great values and featured items to you
- Find and stock the products you want
- Customize your purchase experience
Storage of Personal Data
The data that we collect from you is stored in the USA, but it may be processed by staff operating outside the US and EEA (European Economic Area) who work for us or one of our affiliates. Such staff may process your data while fulfilling orders and providing support for your services. By using our services, you acknowledge that your data may be processed outside of the EEA.
Protection of Personal Data
RuXty employs a variety of security measures to protect personal data from unauthorized access. However, no part of the Internet can be considered 100% secure.
Your data will be retained and processed as long as it is required to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements.
At the end of the retention period, we will either delete or anonymize your data, unless it is stored in a backup archive and isolated from further processing.
Updating, Deleting, and Downloading Your Data
You may update your data at any time either through the client area Account section or by submitting a support ticket. We may require proof of identification in order to change certain data fields.
You may may request that RuXty export your personal data by opening a support ticket.
Customers with no active services may request that their account be closed and personal data be deleted from RuXty's databases, with the exception of: billing system access logs, which may be stored for any duration of time at RuXty's discretion, cases where financially fraudulent or otherwise illegal activity is deemed to have occurred (as determined by RuXty management or law enforcement officials), in which case personal information may be retained indefinitely for purposes of ongoing investigation and prevention of fraud recurrence, or cases where a violation of the Terms of Service has resulted in termination of Customer’s account, in which case personal information may be retained indefinitely for purposes of prevention of further use of RuXty's services in the future by the offending Customer.
RuXty will not delete any data required to comply with our legal obligations and financial requirements, or any data required to resolve disputes and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding products or services you have ordered from us. We may also send you marketing emails if you have opted-in through the client area. Communication methods may include: email, text (SMS) message, IRC chat, push notifications, or automated phone calls. RuXty does not offer phone support and will not call you directly at any time.
Use of Non-Personally Identifiable Information
We may share aggregate statistical data about our customers with third parties, such as advertisers or suppliers. This aggregate statistical data will not identify you personally.
Your Rights Under GDPR
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the following data protection rights, which you may exercise by contacting us via support ticket:
- Right to Access - You have the right to access your personal data and to request a data export from us.
- Right to Rectification - You have the right to have any incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected.
- Right to Restrict - You have the right to request the restriction of processing your personal data where there is no legitimate reason for us to do so.
- Right to Object - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where we have no legitimate reason to do so.
- Right to Erasure - You have the right to request the erasure of any personal data we have collected. However, this right does not override our financial and legal requirements to keep certain data (see above).
- Right to Withdraw Consent - You have the right to withdraw consent (unsubscribe) from any marketing communications we may send you.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
GDPR Data Processing Agreement
You do not need to sign the DPA. By agreeing to our Terms of Service and using our products and services, you are automatically accepting our DPA. If you choose to sign it, you may send a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org